Kard is a rewards infrastructure API that helps any company that issues a payment card build a customized rewards program for its cardholders. Kard works with some of the largest banks in the world as well as leading digital banks, helping their cardholders earn more rewards at thousands of restaurants, retailers, hotels, or D2C brands.
Brands and retailers that want to target our millions of customers work with Kard to increase conversions, bring foot traffic into retail locations, and drive incremental sales. Through our access to 1st-party, realtime, transaction data, Kard can help brands target customers at the right time in a fraud-free environment, ensuring our promotions are being delivered to the customers brands want to reach.
About the Role
You'll drive all stages of the product development cycle, from research and ideation to working with our awesome engineers to launch great experiences and technology for our customers. You will be in control of the product roadmap, working directly with company leadership to guide the direction of Kard's products.
- Listening to our customers and proactively creating solutions to their problems (even if they don't know they're problems yet)
- Gathering product ideas from across the company to ensure the team feels heard
- Keeping a tight understanding of how Kard's competition is innovating in the market to ensure we are staying up with the trends in our space
- Synthesizing all of the above information (and adding your own input) into our product roadmap, showing us where we'll go and how we'll get there
- Creating feedback loops and processes to ensure nothing falls through the cracks
- Working in an agile environment to break down roadmap items into user stories
- Ruthlessly prioritizing features and bug fixes according to business impact
- 3-6 years of experience managing an API-driven product, preferably on a small team
- An understanding of the financial loyalty space, bringing your ideas to the team right away
- A knack for turning ideas into product requirements, specs, wireframes, and mock-ups that can be used to facilitate discussion and eventually guide development
- A business-driven approach to the product, delivering on the highest impact projects while minimizing technical debt
- Empathy for both our financial issuers and our merchants; we need both to deliver the best possible product
- An ownership mindset; you readily take on responsibility and are not afraid of a challenge
- Early stage startup experience
- Previous experience running a fintech product
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
Kard is growing quickly and this is an opportunity to be a major part of our solution!